THE SMART CHOICE
How would you feel if your home were so energy efficient that your utility bills were 50% less than your neighbors’ every month? And what if it did not cost you one extra dollar to purchase an energy-efficient home vs. an average home?
DEKLEWA HOME is an ENERGY STAR ® Certified Builder. Every one of our homes is energy efficient and contains many “green” attributes such as recycled products, low VOC materials, sustainable forestry products and low-flow faucets.
How can you be sure? Your home will be tested and inspected by an independent, government-approved testing agency before move-in day. The agency will provide you with a report that your new home meets or exceeds the Department of Energy requirements for to become an ENERGY STAR® qualified home.
- High-performance windows that have earned the ENERGY STAR® are installed with protective coatings and air tight frames
- Refrigerators, dishwashers, lighting fixtures, ventilation fans and other appliances have been awarded the ENERGY STAR®.
How do we do it? With the best products and construction techniques available:
- The entire exterior envelope of your home is sealed with spray foam and filled with insulation
- Air gaps, utility boxes and penetrations, however tiny, are sealed up tight
- High-performance ENERGY STAR® windows are installed with protective coatings and air tight frames
- Refrigerators, dishwashers, lighting fixtures, ventilation fans and other appliances are all ENERGY STAR® rated
- Tankless water heaters are standard and provide hot water on demand, rather than constantly heating a large tank that sits idle most of the time
- High-efficiency heating and cooling systems control humidity and temperature better than ever (they’re quieter, too).
What that means to you is more comfort and big savings. Typically, homeowners pay thousands of dollars extra for energy-efficiency features, expecting to recoup the cost in lower utility bills over time. DEKLEWA HOME delivers these features for a minimum initial cost, thanks to continuous process improvements and high-volume, direct-buy purchasing practices.
The best part is, you can use the money saved on utility bills to pay down additional principal on your monthly mortgage investment or other savings such as a college fund. When the time comes to sell your home, an ENERGY STAR® certified home should appraise better and command a higher re-sale value than an average home.
An ENERGY STAR® home is the smart economical choice for your family and the right thing to do for the environment and future generations.